In today’s dynamic business environment with global competition, leadership skills must continue to adapt to meet the demands of the rapidly evolving global marketplace. This phenomenon is also true for healthcare executives, who must lead their organizations into a future that is being rapidly changed through technology, innovation, value-based healthcare delivery, digital economy, and patient-centered care.
This three-day program prepares healthcare professionals for a senior management role by enhancing their strategic thinking and leadership skills. It provides valuable hands-on experience focused on developing key leadership competencies central to the healthcare industry. By designing strategic plans and practicing goal setting, participants will be able to identify areas for improvement and potential for advancement within any healthcare organization.
- Leadership foundation and framework for healthcare
- Transformational leadership overview
- Self-awareness, personality traits, and leadership styles
- Self-Assessment of your leadership style using Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- Turning healthcare professionals into leaders
- What makes a leader?
- As a transformational leader, how to lead and manage healthcare teams
- Leading healthcare teams and performance improvement programs to implement change, improve patient-centric care, and demonstrate the value
- Creating a high impact across the organization through vision, motivation, persuasion, and emotional intelligence
- Leading healthcare teams in a diverse, multicultural, and international environment
- Mobilizing others through effective communication, coaching, team building, motivating, and social networking
- Developing an action plan for your personal development and growth as a high impact and transformational leader in the health care industry
- Future trends that will shape the science and delivery of health care (e.g., personalized medicine, data science, digital/mobile, reimbursement, patient-centered care)
Key Benefits and Expected Outcomes
After attending this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand critical factors of how to become a credible, transformational, and global leader in the health care industry
- Enhance your leadership skills such as motivating physicians, nurses, administrators, and other employees at health care organizations
- Learn how to communicate a vision, influence others, leverage persuasion techniques, manage difficult conversations, build high-performance teams, and lead change in health care
- Explore ways on how to continue to develop yourself as a leader in a constantly changing world of health care
- Examine your organization through the lens of innovation and digital transformation
- Understand the forces shaping the future of healthcare to make strategic decisions for your organization
- Network with other CEOs, CFOs, CXOs, physicians, health care executives, business owners, and faculty from the world’s medical schools and universities
Key Benefits to Your Organization
- Enhance employee decision-making, leadership, performance, team productivity, innovation, and employee retention, which will lead to competitive advantage, strategic growth, and improved quality and performance for your organization.
- Research studies have shown that human capital is the hardest element to replicate or imitate. Therefore, organizations that invest in employee learning and development create a sustainable and long-term competitive advantage that enhances creativity, team-work, efficiency, disruptive innovation, and growth.