This three-day program is recommended for family businesses that are at any stage of their business transformation i.e. whether the owners are creating a new board, strengthening an existing governance structure, developing young leaders within the family, preparing for succession to the new generation, expanding their business or just implementing international best practices.
- Nepotism: Its benefits, challenges, and strategies for addressing it.
- Professionalization and compensation strategies for family employees.
- Developing family talent for multiple roles (leadership, management, ownership, the board, and more).
- Governance and structure for the business, owners, and family.
- Succession: thinking through a roadmap for your generational transition.
- How to assess your family business system.
- Change and disruption facing family-owned businesses today.
- How to achieve multigenerational success of a family enterprise.
Key Benefits and Expected Outcomes
After attending this program, participants will be able to:
- Learn the key ingredients to create an enduring family enterprise
- Gain appreciation for the complexity of issues, roles, perspectives, and decisions of family enterprise members
- Explore how to develop fair approaches to employing, compensating, and managing family employees
- Understand disruptions that are changing industries, business models and family life, and how family ownership groups must adapt
- Learn how to implement a world-class board of directors or board of advisors
- Learn how to lead as Chairman of the Board and how to contribute as a Member of the Board of Directors
- Understand how to professionalize the family through family governance
- Learn how leaders of a family enterprise can improve decision-making skills
- Explore how to lead a succession process that respects the needs of both the enterprise and the family
- Take an objective inventory of your family enterprise’s goals, strengths, challenges, opportunities, and threats, and develop a plan to address them
- Network with CEOs, CFOs, CXOs, leaders, executives, business owners, entrepreneurs, and faculty from the world’s top business schools and universities
Key Benefits to Your Organization
- Enhance governance, board members ownership, family relationships, decision-making, leadership, performance, and employee retention, which will lead to competitive advantage, strategic growth, and improved quality and performance for organizations.
- Research studies have shown that human capital is the hardest element to replicate or imitate. Therefore, organizations that invest in employee learning and development create a sustainable and long-term competitive advantage that enhances creativity, teamwork, efficiency, disruptive innovation, and growth.